Alternative Addiction Treatment Programs in Deerfield Beach, FL (954) 281- 5492
Alternative addiction treatment falls outside the parameters of traditional western medicine. It encompasses remedies that have been used for centuries such as acupuncture, yoga and modern interventions including anti-addiction medication and computer based programs. These alternative addiction treatment processes are an adjunct to traditional modalities. When combined, they enhance the various stages of recovery.
The significance of alternative addiction treatment is that these processes are focused on treating the whole person, not just the symptoms of addiction. Holistic treatment is based on the mind, body and spirit connection. Facilities like Drug Treatment Centers Deerfield Beach enable patients to explore alternative addiction treatment that may prove more beneficial for them than some traditional programs. The movement towards utilization of these innovative remedies emphasize the growing need for multiple treatment options.
Call Drug Treatmnet Centers Deerfield Beach at (954) 281-5492.
Alcohol Treatment Centers Deerfield offer a range of alternative addiction programs that include but are not limited to:
- Acupuncture is backed by both clinical research and extensive physiological evidence that supports the effectiveness of this ancient practice. According to the World Health Organization, acupuncture is a remedial solution to over 40 disorders including drug and alcohol addiction.
- Biofeedback enables expanded awareness of physiological functions through the manipulation of brainwaves, skin, heart rate, and pain perception to name a few. This process make changes that impact thoughts, emotions and behavior possible. Overall improvement in both mental and physical performance can be achieved through this procedure.
- Equine Therapy is especially helpful for patients who are withdrawn or have difficulty expressing feelings during the initial stages of treatment. This program entails working with horses under the guidance of a qualified therapist. In a number of medical studies this treatment was shown to be particularly effective in in helping people suffering with dual diagnosis which is the co-occurrence of a mental disorder or Post Traumatic Disorder (PTSD) and addiction.
- Massage Therapy is particularly effective in naturally reactivating the neurological pathways linked to pleasure and reward. This is a popular treatment process because it addresses the emotional dissociation that often occurs with ongoing illicit drug use. Massage stimulate pressure receptors that decrease stress hormones, heart rate and lowers blood pressure.
- Meditation help people suffering with anxiety and depression as a result of chronic drug use to become calmer and more centered. These are all attributes that enhance the recovery process. Those in recovery who participate in meditation programs often develop regular routines that become an integral part of their everyday lives. Yoga and Tai Chi are complementary aspects of our meditation program.
- Nutritional Therapy is a critical component to overall health and wellbeing. Participating in a nutritional program at Drug Treatment Centers Deerfield Beach refocuses the individual’s attention on the importance and positive contributions that proper diet and nutrition makes to the recovery and sobriety maintenance process.
- Spirituality is supportive to those individuals whose belief systems enable them to achieve rehabilitation through the practice of spiritual laws and principles. It helps recovering addicts to reconnect with themselves and develop healthy relationships with others that share their belief in a higher power. Spiritual practices also help addicts to realign their behaviors with their core values.
The Benefits of Alternative Therapies
The benefits of alternative therapies for the treatment of addiction is the reason for their continued and expansive use in addiction treatment centers worldwide. Some benefits include the incorporation of these practices into everyday life, mood regulation, improved mental and physical health and performance and a greater awareness of how thought patterns drive behavior. Through our complementary programs, our patients are able to quickly recover from short or long term addictions.
Our board certified doctors and nurses are experienced and highly qualified to administer both traditional, holistic and new innovative treatment programs. This integrative process provide medically supervised detoxification, customized rehabilitation programs that include select treatment modalities, relapse prevention and after care programs. At our world class treatment facility we help our patients to achieve the goal of full recovery and long term sobriety.
If you or a loved one is in need of treatment to overcome addiction we have a range of complementary programs that can help. Call Drug Treatment Centers Deerfield Beach, Florida today at (954) 281-5492 for answers.
Most Major Insurances Accepted
We make the insurance verification process easy so you can begin the journey to recovery quickly and safe. 100% Confidential